10) My birthday is in January...what better way to celebrate!
9) The Ethiopian Christmas is in January, so it's possible that we'll get the rare opportunity to join in that celebration (credit to Audrey for thinking of this one).
8) I've heard that airports are crazy this time of year.
7) We can celebrate Christmas with the other members of our family.
6) We have more time to get organized and prepared for our trip.
5) We have time to collect more donations for the orphanage (credit to Shannon for this one). We are collecting diapers and formula, especially soy formula, to take to Hannah's Hope. Let us know if you want to contribute!
4) We get to travel with awesome families like the Pell family and the Titus family, who have also already passed court and are just waiting to travel.
3) Isaiah gets a couple more weeks to soak in the sights, sounds, and smells of Ethiopia and to be loved on by his special caregivers.
2) Since we won't be traveling during the busy holiday season, more people will be able to celebrate his homecoming with us (we'd love to see you at the airport!)
And the number 1 reason we are happy to be traveling in January to Ethiopia....
1) We serve a completely sovereign, always loving Creator, who does not make mistakes and whose plan is always perfect. Do you think Joseph was happy when his brothers sold him into slavery? Of course not, but what they meant for evil, God meant for good.
But Joseph said to them, "Do not be afraid, for am I in God's place? As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive." Genesis 50:19-20We trust that God has a plan, and even though we don't understand, there is a reason that we will travel when we do, and we're thankful that the One who can see the entire picture orchestrates everything accordingly.
Now come on guys, you know you want to chime in. Remind us, along with the other families waiting with us, why it will be great to travel in January!